JOB SPECIFICATIONS (Minimum Requirements)
- High School graduation or GED equivalent is required.
- One (1) year of Surgical Technician work experience is preferred.
- Successful completion of an accredited Surgical Technology Program is required.
- Certification of Surgical Technologist (CST) is required.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work under required deadlines and schedules, while being flexible to special requests and projects.
- Ability to professionally handle stressful situations.
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated professional, courteous, positive attitude and assertive but not aggressive.
STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR
- Exposed to standing long periods of time and unpleasant odors and sights. May have some loud noises and exposed to communicable diseases. Exposed to hazardous materials and heavy lifting and pushing which could be strenuous.
- Will work assigned shifts, rotate days, and evenings and take call as scheduled.
- Must have full use of upper and lower extremities with proficient manual dexterity.
- Hearing and visual acuity necessary. Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time and mobilize to various service areas.
Meets the Standards of Behavior as outlined in Personnel Policy and Procedure #1, Employee Relations Code.AGE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide services appropriate to neonate, pediatric, adolescent, young adults, middle adults and geriatric patients. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.NATIONAL PATIENT SAFETY GOALS
Demonstrates knowledge of operational policies and procedures related to patient and facility safety. Performs work safely and in accordance with National Patient Safety Goals, without causing harm or risk to self, others or property. Recognizes safety hazards and takes corrective action when necessary.CONFIDENTIALITY/HIPAA/CORPORATE COMPLIANCE
Demonstrates knowledge of procedures for protecting and maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family, organizational and other medical information. Understands and supports the commitment of Methodist Hospitals in adhering to federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations governing ethical business practices for healthcare providers.DISCLAIMER
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.