JOB SPECIFICATIONS(Minimum Requirements)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communicate skills both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, basic anatomy, physiology, and disease process is required.
- Ability to build relationships and gain alignment for clinical support and be able to articulate questions to receive an appropriate level of support from superiors and peers.
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations and standards preferred.
- Basic or intermediate statistical knowledge preferred.
STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR
- Associates Health Information Required
- Bachelors Health Information Preferred
- Minimum two years of experience in a hospital surgery department, surgery clinic or with clinical research or medical records.
- Clinical chart review and abstraction experience required.
- Computer and Internet experience required.
- Knowledge and comfort with Microsoft Office products is essential for success in this position. (Word and Excel experience is required; PowerPoint experience strongly preferred).
- Quality improvement or patient safety knowledge and experience preferred.
- 2 Healthcare/Medical Required
- RHIA - Registered Health Info Administrator
- RHIT - Registered Health Info Technician
Meets the Standards of Behavior as outlined in Personnel Policy and Procedure #1, Employee Relations Code.CONFIDENTIALITY/HIPAA/CORPORATE COMPLIANCE
Demonstrates knowledge of procedures for protecting and maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family, organizational and other medical information. Understands and supports the commitment of Methodist Hospitals in adhering to federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations governing ethical business practices for healthcare providers.DISCLAIMER
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.