JOB SPECIFICATIONS(Minimum Requirements)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of a variety of medical equipment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to administer medications per policy and procedure.
- Ability to follow the National Patient Safety Goals.
- Ability to interpret lab and diagnostic results as it relates to patients status.
- Ability to communicate with all disciplines using SBAR.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrates courteous, kind and a caring, compassionate, positive attitude and support to the organization.
- Clinical skills, Bedside Manner, Infection Control, Nursing Skills, Physiological Knowledge, Administering Medication, Medical Teamwork, Multi-tasking, Listening, Verbal Communication, Health Promotion and Maintenance.
- ED/ICU Requirement: ACLS MED SURG AREAS Requirement: BLS College Diploma Nursing Required
- Bachelors Nursing Preferred
- College Diploma Nursing Required
- 0 years Required
- Licensed Registered Nurse
- Certified Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation
STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR
Meets the Standards of Behavior as outlined in Personnel Policy and Procedure #1, Employee Relations Code.
Demonstrates knowledge of procedures for protecting and maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family, organizational and other medical information. Understands and supports the commitment of Methodist Hospitals in adhering to federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations governing ethical business practices for healthcare providers.
DISCLAIMER - The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.