JOB SPECIFICATIONS (Minimum Requirements)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Schedules patients according to departmental guidelines Adheres to Red Flag Rule when registering patients.
- Assures pre-certifications, authorizations and/or referrals are obtained prior to service.
- Asks & updates MSPQ every patient visit, without relying on prior visit information.
- Maintains productivity by processing Methcare labs, pre-registering patients or working workques when not scheduling or registering patients.
- Scans in all necessary documentation (scripts) Accurately selects medical record (all patients) and hospital account (correct recurring account).
- Medical terminology knowledge preferred.
- Ability to prioritize job functions, work independently and exercise good judgment.
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess good organizational/analytical skills and mathematical aptitude.
- Proficient use of calculator and minimum typing (45 wpm).
- Basic personal computer skills.
STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR
- A high school diploma/GED Equivalent is required.
- Associates in Business Management Preferred
- One (1) year of responsible work experience in a hospital registration position, medical business office or a closely related field is required. Post high school education may be substituted on a year for year basis to meet the work experience requirement.
Meets the Standards of Behavior as outlined in Personnel Policy and Procedure #1, Employee Relations Code.CONFIDENTIALITY/HIPAA/CORPORATE COMPLIANCE
Demonstrates knowledge of procedures for protecting and maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family, organizational and other medical information. Understands and supports the commitment of Methodist Hospitals in adhering to federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations governing ethical business practices for healthcare providers.DISCLAIMER
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.